This chapter lays out a map for you to follow. It quickly consolidates all the ideas from Chapters 1-6, and gives the reader a step-by-step approach to move into action.
As you move along we encourage you to use these two processes:
First, the Continually Raising Your Performance Bar Process. Every month answer these four questions for yourself:
- What was my goal and what did I actually achieve?
- What did I do to try to achieve my goal that worked well and why did it work well, and what did I do to try to achieve my goal that did not work well and why did it not work well?
- What lessons did I learn or relearn as I pursued my goal?
- What will I do the same and what will I do differently in the next month to achieve my goal?
Second, the 1 – 3 – 6 Process for Focusing Your Efforts. Every month answer these three questions:
- What is my one most important goal?
- What three things can I do that will have the greatest positive impact on achieving that goal?
- What six things do I need to stop doing or spend a lot less time doing so that I have the time and the energy to do the three things that I believe will matter the most?
Return to Chapter-by-Chapter